It’s been a long time since I’ve made flowers with tissue or crepe so this weekend I thought why not? Only this time, I’m planning to find a multitude of uses for them so stay tuned!
In the meantime, here’s a tutorial on how to make them. Enjoy :)
- Cut five sheets of crepe paper and stack them. If you are indifferent towards specific size, you can cut across the width of the crepe paper and divide it into five sheets of equal width. (For math lovers: half of the width = radius of the crepe flower.)
- Fold the stack upwards about 1cm.
- Fold the stack backwards using the same height as the first fold. Keep going back and forth!
- You should get something like an accordion fan once you’re done.
- Grab the folded stack in the middle and cut off corners on the top and bottom to form an arrow.
- Fold the stack in half (arrowhead to arrowhead) to mark the middle. Use transparent tape/ wire/ string to secure the center tightly.
- Let the crepe folds fan out and peel each of the five layers apart. Be gentle as crepe paper tears easily!
- After finishing one side, move on to the other half to get a complete crepe flower!
For those in mass production mode, you may consider doing it in phases (i.e. doing all the cutting of sheets at one shot, doing all the folding and center securing next, etc) In this mode, I managed to make 11 crepe flowers the size of my hand in under an hour. Batching FTW!
Hi Michele, i saw your wedding post shot by Andrew, (i’m one of his couples btw), May i know where you get the crepe papers from? Popular or Art friend sells cheap but colors arent that nice as yours. Party shop sells better quality but more expensive. Able to share where you get yours? :)
Your paper flowers look great!
Hi Gladys, I actually bought this from the popular outlet at bras basah before they reorganized and shrank their available crepe paper colors unfortunately! If you are particular about the colors and don’t mind extra work, you could dye them with food coloring or paint ;)
you’re really a good webmaster. The website loading velocity is amazing.
It kind of feels that you’re doing any distinctive trick.
Furthermore, The contents are masterpiece. you’ve done
a fantastic task in this topic!