This happened to me recently and I decided to try my best to save the handles and give it a new look! All this just with some ribbon lying around!
- Use double-sided tape or glue to stick one end of the ribbon to the start of the handle and go around it a few times.
- Bring the ribbon around the handle (over and then under) and pull tight to form a knot.
- Repeat down the entire bag strap, keeping each knot close.
- At the end, tie a double knot with the remaining ribbon. Stuff it under more ribbon loops and knot it till it’s happy and secure.
- Cut off the remaining ribbon after the knot and use nail varnish to prevent the end from fraying.
Voila! You have yourself new bag handles!
Feel free to use ribbon of the same colour as the bag or even neon ribbon to add some fun to it. I used black to keep the style classic (and because I only had black ribbon lying around). Enjoy! :)