Have you ever gotten an oversized tee as a free gift or have one stored somewhere from the old days (a.k.a. something you would never wear out)? Other than tossing it or sleeping in it, here’s one idea to make it nice and wearable!
- Find a piece of thick lace detail or ribbon and pin it around the collar of the t-shirt.
- Hand stitch or use a sewing machine to go around the top and bottom. (Be careful not to sew both sides of the t-shirt together!)
- Cut straight lines into the angles of the t-shirt collar so that the remnant parts are easy to fold down.
- Stitch the folded t-shirt pieces down behind the collar. The additional layers help to give your faux collar more support.
- Cut the sleeves off in a curve and tuck the remnant pieces behind the faux collar.
- Try it on! If the t-shirt feels too baggy or the arm holes are too large, just sew two lines down the side of the t-shirt to make it fit better.
And there you have it! A quick upcycled t-shirt :)